Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sweet Sorrow

Sweet Sorrow.........I like that!  I saw it in a novel I was reading, and it's so true of life. 
  • My mother has advancing Alzheimers.  When I go to see her, it's a sweet sorrow.  She still knows me when I'm in front of her but may easily forget I ever came when I am gone.  Sweet sorrow!
  • My brother's grandson (6yo) was recently diagnosed with a large brain tumor.  Being there during his surgery and spending lots of family time was just that - sweet sorrow!
  • 2 good friends are moving into assisted living.  This is radical life change but to a safer place - sweet sorrow!
  • One who seemed a friend betrays and lies and walks away with no remorse - and we have to trust it is sweet sorrow!
  • A baby dies before he is ever born - Can that be sweet sorrow?  How? Why?
  • A child is born with multiple disabilities - sweet sorrow? How can that be?
  • The list is long and could go on and on.  It's makes no sense unless and until.......
What makes it sweet sorrow

Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you.
    I’ve called your name. You’re mine.
When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
    When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place,
    it won’t be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
    The Holy of Israel, your Savior.   --Isaiah 43:2, The Message


Isaiah 43:2 covers the rest of the list - sweet sorrow - because we never walk along when we walk with God!


You Will Never Walk Alone
Along life's road
There will be sunshine and rain
Roses and thorns, laughter and pain
And 'cross the miles
You will face mountains so steep
Deserts so long and valleys so deep
Sometimes the Journey's gentle
Sometimes the cold winds blow
But I want you to remember
I want you to know

[Chorus]
You will never walk alone
As long as you have faith
Jesus will be right beside you all the way
You may feel you're far from home
But home is where He is
And He'll be there down every road
You will never walk alone

The path will wind
And you will find wonders and fears
Labors of love and a few falling tears
Across the years
There will be some twists and turns
Mistakes to make and lessons to learn
Sometimes the journey's gentle
Sometimes the cold winds blow
But I want you to remember where ever you may go

Jesus knows your joy, Jesus knows your need
He will go the distance with you faithfully! 
   --Point of Grace
 




 

No comments: