Monday, July 21, 2014

All Work No Play.........NOT Good!

This is one of those four fingers pointing back at me deals - Just full disclosure!

Saturday night I went to get us a hamburger for supper as it was one of those days when there just weren't enough minutes after dancing as fast as I could and, frankly, I was just plain tired. 

As I wanted for my order, I watched a darling little girl - probably about two or a little older - walking (no, BOUNCING) with her grandmother!  The grandmother was holding her hand and calmly saying with each bounce, "Just walk. I don't want you to get hurt."  The walk was still a bounce!  I knew the translation of that drill: "Please don't bounce. Just walk. It's late, and I'm tired!" or something like that.  Anyhow, the little bounced right out of one croc.  She bent over and tried and tried to get her foot back in to no avail.  A kindly stranger smiled, bent down, and put her shoe on her foot. Then, she bounced on her way!

Earlier in the day I saw this picture posted by Colleen Swindoll-Thompson on her FB page.  The little girl reminded me and challenged me to remember that play is a good thing!  Bouncing is good! We all need to bounce some - probably every day!

No comments: