Monday, April 21, 2014

Two Little Stones

I saw something drop dead amazing today! 

I was driving along Liberty Avenue toward downtown Pittsburgh and came to a stoplight. It was red so I glanced over to the sidewalk where two workmen were breaking up part of the sidewalk. They caught my attention when I saw one pick up two pieces of broken concrete, walk over to the nearby fence and throw them over the fence onto the back of a truck parked in the lot. Then the other man slowly picked up two more pieces and did the same thing. I'm talking about slightly larger than palm-sized pieces.  Like I said, drop dead amazing! And, I'm just guessing but I bet they are paid pretty well - overpaid based on effort and performance!


Not that they would care but I couldn't help thinkingWhatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men... (Colossians 3:23) 

And, then I have to ask myself, Self, when you pick up big rocks and carry them, who are you doing it for?

THAT's what makes all the difference!

No comments: